21.9.07



Isn't he gorgeous? Pugs are my new love! If only my DH would allow me to have one!
Anyway: Knitting wise: I'm on Ravelry, reading a lot there. Great community. So much inspiration!

There was a local fair in the first weekend of September, where I was selling my beads. This meant that I had to bead-crochet like crazy whole summer along. Still, there was so little stuff to sell! Anyway, people liked it, who took the time to came along and ask about it. Many of them just passed by, not realising what they had seen. Anyway. Financially it was a disaster, but I have met a few people with similar interests, and alltogether it was a worthy experience.

Since then I'm knitting like crazy, but I should be make more jewelery to sell for Xmas. But I just can't help knitting!

I have a few WIP's I'd love to finish before the beading madness. If you happen to have an access to Ravelry, check it out.

About charity knitting: So many wonderful people out there! Yesterday I have received a huge box from Cheryl, USA, with many, many wonderful yarn, and a great surprise: square needles! I use them since, and I love them! A new dimension of knitting! It feels like I was using them always, and so much easier on my hands!
The group is busy, and fortunately they were knitting while I was beading during the summer.

Dear Astrid, you sent us so many wonderful things! Besides the tons of yarn, the books, needles and notions, we love them all! You are great! I wish I could do something in return. If there is something you can think of, please ask!

I have the other names at home, and I will ask them too, but sorry, I'm at work, and this is just a quick note for now.

By the way, work: I started my own business, officially, but technically my only business thing was the above mentioned fair. As soon as I will have some money to spend, I will make my online shop, where I'm going to sell beads, yarn, and relating things.
In the meantime I'm looking for another job, since I don't like my boss anymore. She is mean and cruel and doesn't care for people's feelings. Sad, but true. I'd love to find a half day job, and I will be able to concentrate on my business more. Yesterday I posted an application - I will see in the near future....

What else....? A lot of things has happened since my last post, and I will keep you updated soon.

5 comments:

garter said...

Hi Andrea, I have just joined Ravelry, that is where I found the Hungarian group. I started knitting again couple of months ago and I am really hooked. Love your jewelry, I am interested in getting as Christmas present for my folks. Krisztina

mityka said...

Hello Krisztina, where do you live? PM me in Ravelry, and we will discuss things...

Yarn or Death said...

Pugs are so precious!

Nice blog you have here -- now you just need to update it! ;)

Susannah said...

My sister and Mother are addicted to Ravelry!!...once they start they can't get off it! I really must do some knitting...think I'm missing out!

Astrid said...

Hi Andrea,
Hopefully you read this ;))
I just sent you an email but I received a reply from a Chinese company.

Best wishes,
Astrid xx