31.5.07


I'm really touched to tears about how generous and care-giving the knitters' society in the USA. I posted a request for charity yarn on a website, and there were a lot of people responding, willing to give yarn and other notions. Which would be a great help for our little group. I think I should open a new blog for the group, and post our prorgress there. Or I just simply put pictures up here, indicating, that this project was made for charity? I don't know. I have so little time even for this one.

It was a long time ago since I last wrote.
I'm more and more convinced that I should open a yarn shop for quality yarn and notions which is unknown in Hungary. A yarn and bead shop, because do not forget, that I'm a beader in the first place. As we discussed with DH, it should be an online webshop for the start, until we could afford a proper shop.

I agree, but yesterday I went to see an available shop with a two rooms flat on top, in the heart of the city. I know, it was only eye candy, and maybe not fair with the landlord, but who knows, I might win the lottery this weekend.

I must tell you, the place is just perfect! The flat is small, but well equipped, and would be just right for us!!! - Eh, as my husband said: Dream Little Princess...
It costs WAYYYY too much, as I expected. But I had a wonderful time daydreaming how would I create my wonderful yarn and bead shop...

Now the nice stuff: I have a beautiful, funny looking guinea pig. She's called Lojzi.
I know it is a male name, but my daughter came up with this name, immediately as she saw her, so it stays. She looks just like the one on the picture, and so sweet! A bit of shy yet, but only 6 weeks old. She is happy when I cuddle her, and "talks" continuously, when I hold her. I said she's mine because I wanted her, but my daughter insists that she's her, so I leave it to her :)
I'm planning to buy a male for her for company, so I will have one of my own.
I already saw the right one in the local pet shop, and I tell you, he is a good looking little fellow. Just as punk, and crazy looking, but in brown and cream. And older, already 3 months old. They are so cute, I never tought I would like a guinea pig, somehow I've never been interested in this kind of animals, but now, I love them.

I guess this is a substitute for the second baby. We decided not to have another one, and now I compensate. It is OK. I can except this deal.

Still had no time to upload all the pictures from the camera, this is ridiculous.
Absolutely no time for anything! I can't wait for the summer holiday... it will be short, but I'm planning to get the most out of it.

Oh, I have a new motto, since I listened to Pink, who is I think a great singer.
'Find a new lifestyle - a reason to smile' - Which is I'm planning to do!!!
All the best!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you won the lottery this week, because every town needs a good yarn and bead store! Your beadwork is absolutely GORGEOUS!

xo
Brooke

Astrid said...

Hi Mityka!
I think I found your blog, didn't I? (you most probably know who I am, from the UK.) Your little guinea pig is very cute and your beads ... amazing. You're very talented. Hope all is fine and I will come back here from time to time. Best wishes, AA x

treeba said...

Hello
I am sending you a box of yarn, from a KR request you made several months ago. I'm so sorry for the delay but it is now in the mail and should arrive in the next couple of weeks. It is mostly odds & ends. I find they make very good children's hats - colorful and fun!

Good luck with your knitting and on-line store. Your bead work is beautiful!

Tree (aka knitree)

mityka said...

Dear Brooke! Thank you very much! No luck whatsoever :( but I keep playing! :)

mityka said...

Dear Astrid!
Thank you for commenting. I hope you read this, since I have no answer for my last e-mail. I will try to send you another one. I hope you are OK!

mityka said...

Dear Tree,

Thank you very much in advance for your donation!

ritarenata said...

hi mityka,
szia, i spin yarn myself, what kind of donation is this, what i can make? , i didnt get it really.
en magam fonom a köteshez a fonalat, milyen adomanyozasrol van szo? valahogy elveszitettem a fonalat :-). en szivesen adomanyoznek kezifonasut, de milyen minösegrol van szo, vastag , vekony, finom, durvabb?
valaszolj ha lesz idöd: