24.4.07


Broken promises...

As always, promises are broken. Of course I casted on a new project. I failed when I reached my wonderful cobweb kid mohair yarn from The Natural Dye Studio
This thing is a wonder. So delicate, it is really a cobweb, and yet still a joy to work with. It rips like a dream (unlike other mohairs), and so beautifully soft and elastic when knit up. I knit it only for the joy of feeling it. It is becoming a long scarf. Only one skein will make a super-long scarf, which I'm planning to use for many ways. I've already bid on a few more skeins, for these things are one-of-a-kind, and I'm afraid I will not find similar colors again. The colors are amazing as well. I just love this yarn, and I would be happy if I had to use this yarn only for the rest of my life. Also their sock merino is a dream only to look at. I will keep these skeins as desserts, on those blue days, to cheer me up. When I'm fed up, I will pull out one of these wonders, and wind them to balls.

I just bought my first set of sock needles. I will give them a try soon. Sock knitting always frightened me, but I'm up for a challange. It is truly going to be a great adventure. I love those hand knitted socks I see all over the net, and some great patterns too.

No beading for now. I don't feel like it now at all. I'm not preparing for the craft fair this summer either. I just want to have all the fun without the pressure.

2 comments:

Bumbershootska said...

I love the photos of the hamster and guinea pig - they're wonderful! (so are the "painted" girls)

mityka said...

Thank you! They are so cute, cheer me up always.