18.4.07


Last week I received my very first IK subscription, and I love it. It is really hard to decide which item to knit first.
I finally decided I will give a try to the ruffled surplice, this is going to be my first (or second) big project, I hope I will be able to finish it. In the meantime I'm making Orangina (in black) from Glampyre knits. This gal is a genious! So simple, yet great pattern! I started to cast on for this for three times, and always made a LOT more stiches. Either I'm dummy, or it was too late, or I need glasses.
The lace pattern is so simple, that I didn't even mind I had to start over and over again. I want to make it perfect.

I have a secret bag of a nice, striped yarn, and still looking for a good pattern for this. I love the yarn, but I don't think horizontal stripes will be flattering on me....

I will put on pictures even if I don't have knitting or beading pics to post, just to cheer up anyone who is reading. The picture on the right is my DD, in the kindergarten with a friend, with her face painted as a butterfly. She is absolutely beautiful, and the cutest little 4 year old on the whole world.

2 comments:

franney said...

In the book "big girl knits" there is a lovely jumper pattern which uses striped yarn both horizontally and then vertically either side of the front panel, it looks great and greaks up the stripeyness of it which isn't good on us Big Girls ;o)

mityka said...

Hey, you are my first commenter!Welcome!
Thanks for the idea, I really was interested in that book for a long time, and I hope I will find a way to get it.
It is difficult from Hungary, but I'm sure I can manage.
Thank you, Mityka